Before you read this post, go over here and check out the stuff my buddy Mia is selling. All proceeds go to the Feed the Mia Fund (FMF.) Come on, you know you want to feed a poor college student.
As I ran towards my French class (late, as usual...) this morning, I was stopped by Dr. Hou, and asked to sign a paper. He said it was for the Institute of International Studies, and I blinked for a second, because last I had heard, the month-long study trip was up in the air due to a lack of interested students. He explained that we finally got the minimum number of people (six) to go on the trip. I quickly signed the paper, thanked him, and bolted down the rest of the hallway with a big grin.
Then, before my 11 o'clock class, I was talking with Ash and Nicole (girl in my class) about the trip and I said that it finally got the "Go" stamp. Nicole said that she was the last one to sign up. I couldn't control it; I jumped up, said "I LOVE YOU!" really loudly and gave her a hug. XD It was probably a little bit of an exaggerated reaction, but I don't really care. I'm just so beyond excited.
I've been wanting to go to Japan since I was eight years old. Now, ten years later, I'm finally getting to go.
...also, is it wrong that my first thought upon discovering that the trip was, indeed, going to happen, was "Man, I'm going to need to charge my camera battery every day?"
I did some poking around on the internet this morning and chanced upon an indie rock band from Japan (yeah, I know, not the first thing you think of when you think of Japan right?) called 'Bump of Chicken.' Anyway, I listened to some of their songs, and they're actually really good. And catchy. Even if their band name is a little wonky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment